Wise quotes are a thing, I’m extremely keen about. And I don’t keep it as a secret. I guess my friends are already a bit annoyed by all the wise words I have for nearly every situation in life. But when I’m convinced, I want to spread it. My all-time favorit quote is one of Pablo Picasso: “If there were only on truth, you couldn’t paint a hundred canvases on the same theme.” Life isn’t just black or white, be open-minded for different kinds of lifestyle. Your way isn’t automatically the right way for all the others. Be sympathetic and interested.
The death of Leonhard Cohen and all the articles about his writings inspired my to a new little project. A Project for my project so to say. I call it “My book of wisdom”. With starting today, I’ll write down every wise quote which come across my everyday-life. There are too many of them and I can’t keep them all in my mind anymore. To preserve them for eternity I’ll write them down.
Today I striked out to buy a book. I found the perfect one. A sweet little pink paperbook with already a great wisdom on the cover: “Today is yours!” I love it. Many many blank pages for my personal collection of the best thoughts und quotes.
My plan is to give this book, as once it is fullfilled, to someone who needs all these words right in this moment. He or she should start an own book of wisdom to give it away one day. And so on and so on. As long as the book is mine, I want to use it as bedtime reading. You have to keep the quotes in sight in case you want to live by them. Besides, falling asleep with positive thoughts is the best preparation for sweet dreams and tomorrows start into the day.
Here are the quotes I wrote down on the first three pages. Quotes of three just awesome thinkers. Great minds, that inspires me a lot. Take your time to think about them.
Leonhard Cohen (Canadian poet and singer-songwriter, 1934-2016)
- Don’t be a magician – be magic.
- How can I begin something new with all of yesterday in me?
- If you don’t become the ocean, you’ll seasick every day.
Eleanor Roosevelt (American politican and activist 1884-1962)
- Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be.
Barbara (German anonymous artist)
- An der Farbe im Gesicht stört sich nur der Blödewicht.
- Wegen gestern, wegen morgen, mach ich mir zu viele Sorgen. Schade, denn dadurch verpennte, ich so manche Glücksmomente.
- Hass ist krass. Liebe ist krasser. (Hate is heavy. Love is heavier.)
Along these lines, my beloved friends, spread love and make love great again!